Angel hair pasta, also called capellini, served with shrimp and a lemon cream sauce with herbs and parmesan.
1 cup onion peeled and small dice
3 tbsp of garlic
3 tbsp of ginger, remove skin and finely chopped
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of vinegar
2 quart of ketchup
2 cup of soy sauce
5 leaf pimento
3 tbsp of pimento seed, toasted and finally grind
2 stick of cinnamon
1 tsp of grated nutmeg
1 cup of jerk sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Make warm deep pot and start to saute onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add sugar and allow to cook until sugar is melted.
- Add vinegar to mixture and allow to cook until vinegar is about to reduce
- When ready add ketchup, soy sauce, and rest of ingredient bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Sauce should continue cook for another 1 hour.
- Taste to season if desired add salt and pepper
- Strain and sauce and allow to chill
- Place under refrigeration until ready to be used.